Sunday, April 6, 2008

My silly midwife!

I just thought that I would post a little update on me...I know no pictures yet but I promise soon. I only have a 7 and a half weeks left until little Jenson comes...it is so close yet so far away! So I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday and I have gained 15 pounds the whole time I have been pregnant and my midwife asked me what I have been eating and I was like excuse me and then she said that I need to start watching what I eat and I need to cut out sweets and pointless calories completely...so I was like have you ever been pregnant before? I mean lets be honest! So I was so annoyed that she was saying this to me...I thought that I was doing pretty good for being 32 weeks pregnant...clearly not good enough. So when I left the doctors before I went to work I went to the gas station and bought a donut and a bag of potato chips...and yes it made me feel better! Then the next day I was having some pregnancy issues so I had to go back to the midwife for another checkup and when they weighed me I had lost two pounds...I showed her...haha. Well that is the latest on the pregnancy. I have had one shower so far that my friend Sarah threw for me and I have a family shower on Saturday so as soon as that is over I will post pictures from both showers and let you know how they both went. My friend shower was awesome...it was so fun to see some friends that I hadnt seen in forever! Oh and I will post pictures of our nursery so far...we've painted and got our furniture so it is coming along!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Holy cow I wish I had just gained 15 pounds. I gained about 45 pounds. I can't believe I am admitting it but I hope that it makes you feel better. A lot of it was water retension in the end but my doctor said I was just fine. And it all came off anyway. I'm dying to see pictures Jodee. Sorry again I couldn't make it. I feel horrible and I still have your present for you. We need to get together when I'm back in Utah!

The Tams said...

HA HA! Your midwife is crazy! I am 20 weeks and I have gained 9 lbs already. I am sure I will be up to 15 lbs at 35 weeks! Sometimes doctors give you the craziest advice. Like my doctor told me that I should start feeling my baby around 20 weeks about a month ago and I told her that I have already been feeling the baby for a couple weeks now and she was like "are you sure? I don't know if that is possible?" I just laughed. "Yeah I am pretty sure I can feel a little thump!" Foolish Questions!