Thursday, July 30, 2009

Freakin' Appendix!!!

Seriously no one even knows why we have it! Its just there to make our lives difficult! So I guess you know what this is about! I had my freaking appendix out a week ago! It seriously was such a joke! On Tuesday night around 10 I was sitting at the computer and all of the sudden I got really sick to my stomach...almost like a burning pain. I took some pepto and it almost seemed to have gotten worse. Well obviously it didnt go away after about 2 hours of constant pain I decided that I should probably go to the ER. Brian called his dad and he came over around 12:30 to stay with Jens. So anyways, they ruled out everything else it could be, had me have a CT scan and then found out it was appendicitis. So they scheduled an emergency surgery and I survived! Ha! So the last week has been a little crazy! I was super sad I had to miss the 24th festivities...if you know me you know that and the 4th are my favorite holidays...so it was a bummer! But I am lucky to have such great family around to help me with Jens. Also great ward members to bring us dinner! I am pretty much better...still a little sore but the doc said that probably wont change for another week or more. I feel very lucky that it wasnt worse. Trust me I have heard horror stories about an appendix bursting and have always been afraid of that happening to me even before all of this. So there is the update! It was a sad one I know! Next time I will make a happy one!

5 comments:

jessica emily adams said...

Yuck. That does not sound like any fun. I'm sorry.
I'm glad you're okay though!

Shelly said...

I'm glad you're doing better! Not fun.

{ Marianne } said...

Talk about NO fun! Sorry for your bummer holiday. They don't even celebrate where I live. Glad your doing better! See you in a couple!

Heather Strong said...

That is crazy! I am glad you are feeling better!

BJ and Steph said...

Wow Jodee! I didn't even know. I'm glad that everything turned out okay and that you are better. Let me know if I can do anything...I know a month late...I wish I knew when it happened and I would have brought you a treat or dinner or something.