Thursday, July 30, 2009

Freakin' Appendix!!!

Seriously no one even knows why we have it! Its just there to make our lives difficult! So I guess you know what this is about! I had my freaking appendix out a week ago! It seriously was such a joke! On Tuesday night around 10 I was sitting at the computer and all of the sudden I got really sick to my stomach...almost like a burning pain. I took some pepto and it almost seemed to have gotten worse. Well obviously it didnt go away after about 2 hours of constant pain I decided that I should probably go to the ER. Brian called his dad and he came over around 12:30 to stay with Jens. So anyways, they ruled out everything else it could be, had me have a CT scan and then found out it was appendicitis. So they scheduled an emergency surgery and I survived! Ha! So the last week has been a little crazy! I was super sad I had to miss the 24th festivities...if you know me you know that and the 4th are my favorite holidays...so it was a bummer! But I am lucky to have such great family around to help me with Jens. Also great ward members to bring us dinner! I am pretty much better...still a little sore but the doc said that probably wont change for another week or more. I feel very lucky that it wasnt worse. Trust me I have heard horror stories about an appendix bursting and have always been afraid of that happening to me even before all of this. So there is the update! It was a sad one I know! Next time I will make a happy one!

5 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Yuck. That does not sound like any fun. I'm sorry.
I'm glad you're okay though!

Shelly said...

I'm glad you're doing better! Not fun.

Marianne said...

Talk about NO fun! Sorry for your bummer holiday. They don't even celebrate where I live. Glad your doing better! See you in a couple!

Heather Strong said...

That is crazy! I am glad you are feeling better!

BJ and Steph said...

Wow Jodee! I didn't even know. I'm glad that everything turned out okay and that you are better. Let me know if I can do anything...I know a month late...I wish I knew when it happened and I would have brought you a treat or dinner or something.