Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Dad...


This is my family at Crystals wedding 10 months before my dad passed away. He was only 43.

It has been 5 years since my dad passed away from cancer. I remember that day so well. My dad had been in the hospital and I had visited him the day before. It was a sunday and he just seemed like he was doing so well that day. He told me that he was hungry and he wanted me to go to the store and get him something to eat before I went back to Orem. I was going to Utah Valley at the time. So I went to Albertsons and got him a blueberry muffin and an orange juice. I went back to the hospital and told him that I would see him the next weekend. I remember leaving and just crying uncontrolably even though I truly believed I would see him again in a week. The next day I went to school and when I got home I was going to go to the store with my roommate when my sister called and said that my dad probably wouldnt make it through the night. So I threw everything in a laundry hamper and headed home. When I got to the hospital my dad was completly different. He was so out of it I couldnt believe how different a day had made. So my family sat in his room while his friends came and went to say their goodbyes and then he passed away at 11:45.

It makes me sad that my dad was never able to meet Brian and be at our wedding and it makes me sad to know that he never got to meet Jenson and see him grow up. But I know that he is an angel watching over me and my family and I know that I will see him again. I love and miss you dad!

4 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Oh, Jod.
I had no idea your dad had passed away. I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing this story. He was so young. I hate cancer.
We are losing my mom to cancer as well and, just like you said, it is so hard to know what each day brings.
I am sure that even 5 years later it is still so hard to have him be gone. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Love ya!

Heather Strong said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure he is watching over you and is so proud! Especially of your cute baby!

Emily said...

You know your dad is so proud of you and gets a total kick out of your son. You have one cute banana on your hands.

Recksieks said...

Jodi,
How sweet are you. That was a great tribute to your dad. You are such an amazing person, I admire you so much. Love ya