Friday, October 3, 2008

Christmas

I got this from my sisters blog. We did this last year and it was amazing! Let me know if you can help. You can email me at chooyergum@yahoo.com or my sisters email which is listed below. Thanks!

Thinking Christmas...

So, last year we raised over $1500 for an amazing family in need. Christmas wasn't a happy time for this family. The dad had just been laid off his job, they had a son in a treatment center which was costing them over $1000 a month, and they had to find a way to pay their mortgage. The results were humbling and unspeakable. This family was was so grateful and could not believe people could be so generous. It was such an incredible experience and if you were part of it, you know how amazing it really was.

Last year I committed to organize this each year from now on to give all of our friends and family an opportunity to help someone less fortunate so here I am, thinking about it. However, I need your help. Doug and I don't know anyone personally who could use the help this year. It needs to be someone or some family who would really, really appreciate it. Someone down on their luck, humble, kind. Are you catching the vision? So, we need suggestions. Please, talk to your families, neighbors, friends, church leaders, etc. and let's see if we can find a family who really needs the help. Maybe a family with a sick child and lots of medical bills, maybe we could pay some of their bills for them. It could be anyone.

If you weren't a part of our efforts last year and you want to be this year, please email me and let me know. We keep everyone updated on our efforts through email. It's an amazing thing and all you have to do to be a part of it is donate a small amount of money and maybe, possibly a little time, just depending.

So, here is my email address:

crystallindeman@yahoo.com

If you have any suggestions for people who could use our help, please email me with general info on their situation. If we get more than one suggestion we'll have to take a vote and decide what to do. Maybe we could split our efforts and help more than one family. We'll just have to see.

Thanks for your help and support. We'll start collecting money November 1st so we have 1 month to decide who we will help this year. Thanks so much! We're so blessed to have each other! XOXO

0 comments: